Information for Primary Care Clinicians
The Primary Care Clinician (PCC) Plan Performance Improvement Management
Services (PIMS) program is a comprehensive, clinically-focused management program that
measures, monitors and improves the delivery of health care to PCC Plan Members.
To support these objectives, PIMS provides PCCs with reports and information about
services for members.
Performance Improvement Management Services assist PCCs by:
- Providing a PCC Profile Report to PCCs who serve more than 180 PCC Plan members. This report
tracks PCCs performance across several clinical areas, and provides data to allow the PCC to
compare performance to other PCCs and to selected benchmarks.
- Mailing a Reminder Report (RR) and a Care Monitoring Report (CMR) to all PCC Plan PCCs. These
reports contain comprehensive lists of members who are overdue for preventive care.
- Reviewing these performance-based reports every six months through face-to-face visits with
PCCs who serve more than 180 PCC Plan Members. PIMS Regional Network Managers (RNMs) work
collaboratively with PCCs to develop quality improvement goals suggested by the reports.
- Conducting regionally-focused quality forums in clinical and administrative areas. These
forums focus on improving the delivery of health care to PCC Plan Members.
- Making available information and referral activities through the PCC Hotline, which is
available to all PCC Plan PCCs regardless of their PCC Plan Member panel size.
- Developing and distributing publications including a provider newsletter and a support